Each afternoon in the JEDI Academy, padawans will have the opportunity to work with the JEDI code in a series of hands-on activities. Each activity builds on those that precede it.
Consult the following pages for step-by-step instructions on how to proceed with each of these activities.
- Monday A: Getting Started with AWS, Singularity, and JEDI
- Monday B: Running JEDI
- Tuesday A: Getting to know the variational application
- Tuesday B: Adding new observations to be assimilated
- Wednesday A: Adding QC to JEDI
- Step 1: Access your AWS instance
- Step 2: Clone and customize the fv3-bundle
- Step 3: Enter the JEDI container, run ecbuild and make a new feature branch
- Step 4: Compiling and testing
- Step 5: Review of YAML files
- Step 6: How do we invoke filters using a YAML configuration file?
- Step 7: How do we implement a filter?
- Step 8: Try to add a new filter
- Wednesday B: Data assimilation in 4D
- Thursday A: Advanced model features
- Thursday B: Adding a filter test to JEDI
- Friday: Pull Requests and Code Reviews